Check for Duplicate Wizard not working in SalesLogix 8 after upgrade
Posted By: Alex.Cottner on August 29th, 2013 in Saleslogix
No Gravatar

We ran into an issue recently where all servers that were upgraded from SalesLogix 7.5.4 to SalesLogix 8.0 (servers that started with 8.0 did not have the problem) could not process duplicate records properly. When going through the duplicate record checker in the web client, a generic RAD progress error would pop up. If you checked event viewer on the web server, you would see an error message complaining that the job “DeDupGroup.Account/Contact/Lead” could not be found. After a long investigation, I discovered the issue was because of the DeDupConfigurations.xml file in the VFS (VFS:/Configuration/Global/DeDupConfigurations.xml) was not updated properly during the upgrade. This file for the customers still showed the 7.5.4 version numbers, like below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<DeDupConfigurations>
  <DeDupJobConfig JobName="DeDupGroupJob.Account" EntitySourceName="Account" JobType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.DeDupEntityJob, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=7.5.4.7066, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" EntitySourceType="Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IAccount, Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" MatchDuplicateProviderType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.AccountDuplicateProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=7.5.4.7066, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    <DisplayName><![CDATA[Account]]></DisplayName>
  </DeDupJobConfig>
  <DeDupJobConfig JobName="DeDupGroupJob.Lead" EntitySourceName="Lead" JobType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.DeDupEntityJob, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=7.5.4.7066, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" EntitySourceType="Sage.Entity.Interfaces.ILead, Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" MatchDuplicateProviderType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.LeadDuplicateProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=7.5.4.7066, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    <DisplayName><![CDATA[Lead]]></DisplayName>
  </DeDupJobConfig>
  <DeDupJobConfig JobName="DeDupGroupJob.Contact" EntitySourceName="Contact" JobType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.DeDupEntityJob, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=7.5.4.7066, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" EntitySourceType="Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IContact, Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" MatchDuplicateProviderType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.ContactDuplicateProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=7.5.4.7066, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    <DisplayName><![CDATA[Contact]]></DisplayName>
  </DeDupJobConfig>
</DeDupConfigurations>

To correct this issue, I updated the file in the VFS manually and did an iisreset on the web server. After this, everything started working just fine. Be sure to update your version numbers appropriately.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<DeDupConfigurations>
  <DeDupJobConfig JobName="DeDupGroupJob.Account" EntitySourceName="Account" JobType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.FindDuplicatesEntityJob, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=8.0.0.8535, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" EntitySourceType="Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IAccount, Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" MatchDuplicateProviderType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.AccountDuplicateProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=8.0.0.8535, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    <DisplayName><![CDATA[Account]]></DisplayName>
  </DeDupJobConfig>
  <DeDupJobConfig JobName="DeDupGroupJob.Lead" EntitySourceName="Lead" JobType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.FindDuplicatesEntityJob, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=8.0.0.8535, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" EntitySourceType="Sage.Entity.Interfaces.ILead, Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" MatchDuplicateProviderType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.LeadDuplicateProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=8.0.0.8535, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    <DisplayName><![CDATA[Lead]]></DisplayName>
  </DeDupJobConfig>
  <DeDupJobConfig JobName="DeDupGroupJob.Contact" EntitySourceName="Contact" JobType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.FindDuplicatesEntityJob, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=8.0.0.8535, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" EntitySourceType="Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IContact, Sage.Entity.Interfaces, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" MatchDuplicateProviderType="Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch.ContactDuplicateProvider, Sage.SalesLogix.Services.PotentialMatch, Version=8.0.0.8535, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    <DisplayName><![CDATA[Contact]]></DisplayName>
  </DeDupJobConfig>
</DeDupConfigurations>

When I searched google I couldn’t find any solution to the problem. Hopefully this will save some other people from running into this problem.


Leave a Reply